To secure your account and your business information linked to your website, it is essential to regularly change your password for your cPanel.
You can do it easily from your cPanel homepage. Just follow these steps:
- Log in to cPanel.
- At the upper right hand side of your screen, click on your username.
- This dropdown should appear. Select Password & Security.
- Next window will be where you will do the change.
You will be prompted if cPanel detects that you are putting in the same password as you are using. It will also flash an alert if your password strength is less than 80. To reach that threshold, your new password must have:
– At least 1 numeric character
– At least 1 upper case character and 1 lower case character
– At least 1 special symbol (@, !, $…)
– At least 12-16 character length
At the lower portion of this screen, you are given more information on how to protect andsecure your login credentials.
If you prefer cPanel to choose a password for you, you can click on the Password Generator button.
This window will show up giving you a random, system-generated password:
If you are not satisfied with the given password, you can click on the Generate Password button until you find a password that suits you.
When you’re set, tick on I have copied this password in a safe place, and click on Use Password.
Otherwise, you can click on “Cancel” to go back to the original Password & Security screen, and type in the password you prefer.
If there are no more alerts or prompts, then you’re good to go! Click on Change your password now.
- You will be redirected to the login page to test your new password.
If everything is good, you should get to your cPanel homepage right away.
Having issues doing it on cPanel? Click here to know how to reset your cPanel password via the CLDY Client portal.