Cloudflare is a content delivery network that offers a range of services, including improved website performance, security, and manageability. If you are considering onboarding your domain on Cloudflare, it is important to ensure that there is no downtime during the process.
The goal is to onboard domain on Cloudflare with zero downtime. This means that you should ensure that your website remains accessible to visitors during the transition.
How can you onboard your domain on Cloudflare with zero downtime?
To achieve this goal, you need to follow the steps outlined below:
- Setup Cloudflare by cloning the DNS settings of your current domain. It is important to ensure that no proxy is turned on during this process.
- Change the Nameservers (NS) of the domain to the Cloudflare Nameservers. You should allow some time for SSL to be provisioned.
- Create rules for payment gateway such as hitpay, PayPal, etc. This will help to ensure that there are no disruptions to payment processing.
- Turn on proxy for the website. Once you have completed the previous steps, you can turn on the proxy for the website. This will help to improve website performance, security, and manageability.
To onboard your domain on Cloudflare with zero downtime, you need the following resources:
- Access to the Cloudflare account
- Access to the domain registrar account to change the Nameservers
- Documentation on how to clone DNS settings on Cloudflare
- Documentation on how to create rules for payment gateway on Cloudflare
By following these steps, you can onboard your domain on Cloudflare with zero downtime.
It is important to note that you should test your website thoroughly after the transition to ensure that everything is working correctly.