You want to make sure that your customers can reach you as easily as possible – and that’s one of the reasons why the Contact Form 7 is an essential for eCommerce websites. One of the issues that your customers may experience when they use your website’s contact form is this:
- “There was an error trying to send your message. Please try again later.”
To solve this issue, we have two solutions you can check out:
PHP mail() function is not set up properly
- Use an SMTP mailer or an SMTP mail plugin for your WordPress. Learn more about WP Mail SMTP plugin here. Just like how you would set up a regular email, you will be asked to send out a test mail to check if everything is good to go.
- Once you have configured your SMTP mail plugin, go back to your WordPress Contact Form in the Mail tab. Your From: field should have the email address you set up in your WP Mail SMTP plugin.
- This helps deliver the email more efficiently and has a higher success rate.
Email form submission successful on some browser, but fail in some
- Some browsers may accept and process the contact form well, but some browsers may experience some issues. It may be because of the reCAPTCHA scoring system.
- The default scoring for reCAPTCHA is set to 0.50. You can set it to a lower level (up to 0.0, if needed), and see if it is working.
Hosted with CLDY? Send us an email and let us help you out.